Asian Sesame Cucumber Salad
- If you have a spiralizer, use it to cut the cucumbers and carrots into long noodles. Alternatively, use a jullienne peeler.
- Place the cucumber “noodles” into a strainer and toss with 1 tsp. kosher salt. Let the cucumber drain for 15-20 minutes to remove excess water.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl or glass measuring cup, whisk together the vinegar, lime juice, honey, sesame oil, red pepper flakes, and sesame seeds.
- Once the cucumber has drained for a bit, spread it onto a layer of paper towels, or a clean dish towel, and gently pat out as much moisture as you can.
- Place the “noodles” into a large bowl, and add 2-3 TBSP dressing, to coat. Toss to combine, then garnish with additional sesame seeds, sliced scallions, and fresh cilantro. Serve immediately.
- 2 cucumbers, chilled
- 2 large carrots
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice (about half a lime)
- 2-3 tbsp honey, to taste
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- ½-1 TBSP toasted sesame seeds
- 1 scallion, sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)