Asparagus, Tomato and Goat Cheese Quinoa Salad
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, blanch asparagus in boiling water for about 1 min. Transfer asparagus to an ice water bath to stop cooking. Drain once cooled, roughly chop and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Mix in cooked and cooled quinoa, tomatoes, basil and asparagus. Transfer to serving bowl and top with goat cheese crumbles.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 bunch asparagus, tough ends removed
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp each, salt and pepper
- 1 cup Candi-To Mini Sweet Tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Basil leaves
- 1/4 tub Herb & Garlic Goat Cheese Crumbles
Per Serving (1/4 of the recipe):
- Calories 330
- Fat 22 g
- Saturated Fat 6 g
- Carbs 24 g
- Protein 11 g
- Cholesterol 30 mg
- Fibre 4 g
- Sodium 280 mg