Banana Oat Smoothie
- Add all the ingredients to a high-speed blender in the order listed, and blend on high until a smooth and creamy consistency is reached.
- 1/2 cup (115 g) yogurt or non-dairy yogurt of choice
- 1 medium-size (100 g) ripe banana, frozen
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup (30 g) rolled oats
- 1 Tbsp (7g) chia seeds
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt (optional but recommended)
- 1-2 tsp maple syrup or honey (optional, to taste)
Run the blender until all the chia seeds have been broken down for the creamiest texture. You could also make this recipe the night before and have the smoothie change into a pudding texture the next morning! Add a splash of almond milk to thin out the pudding if its too thick.