Black Bean Brownie
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray or brush an 8-inch (20 cm) square baking pan with vegetable oil and line bottom and sides with parchment paper, leaving overhang; set aside.
- Melt butter and chocolate in double boiler, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in sugar; stir in eggs, one at a time. Set aside.
- Using a food processor, purée beans until smooth. Stir beans into chocolate mixture until well blended. Sift together flour, cocoa and salt. Stir flour mixture into chocolate mixture; beat vigorously until batter is no longer grainy, about 1 minute.
- Stir 1/2 cup nuts into batter and transfer to prepared pan. Sprinkle remaining nuts over top. Bake until a toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean but brownies are still slightly fudgy in centre, about 45 minutes.
- Transfer pan to a wire rack; let cool completely. Transfer brownies to a cutting board using parchment paper. Cut into 12 portions. Store in airtight container.
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 cup chopped gluten-free semi-sweet baking chocolate (about 6 oz/180 g)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tbsp Bob’s Red Mill Arrowroot Starch/ Flour
- 1 tbsp gluten-free unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup coarsely chopped unsalted mixed nuts, divided
- Calories 280
- Fat 18 g
- Carbs 28 g
- Protein 6 g
- Cholesterol 45 mg
- Fibre 3 g
- Sodium 115 mg