Prep time: 45 minutes / Serves: 2 1/2 lbs Category: Breakfast
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Roughly bash up the nuts in a pestle and mortar or pulse in a food processor – leave some fine and some chunky.
- In a large bowl, mix the nuts, pumpkin pie spice, oats, seeds, honey and oil together well to coat.
- Divide between 2 large baking sheets and spread out evenly.
- Using oven mitts, carefully place in the hot oven for 30 minutes, or until nicely golden, stirring regularly. Meanwhile…
- On a cutting board, roughly chop any large dried fruit.
- Once golden, remove the sheets from the oven and leave to cool.
- Mix in the dried fruit, then place in an airtight container until ready to eat.
- Serve each portion of granola (¾ cup per person is about right) with milk or yogurt and some fresh seasonal fruit
- 1¾ cups mixed nuts, such as almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, brazil nuts, pecan nuts
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 5 cups quick-cooking oats
- ⅔ cup mixed seeds, such as sunflower, chia, sesame seeds, linseeds
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups mixed dried fruit, such as apricots, dates, cranberries, blueberries, raisins, prunes
- Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Protein 7 g
- Carbohydrates 32.4 g
- Sugar 14 g
Jamie’s Tip: “Buy a big batch of ingredients like the list I’ve given you here, mix it all up and just grab a handful per person whenever you need it – it will last for months”