Cherry Sauce Chicken
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). In a small bowl, combine salt, cumin and coriander and rub into all sides of thighs. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Place 4 thighs, skin side down, in skillet and cook until fat starts to render and skin becomes crispy and brown, about 3 to 5 min. Turn thighs over and cook for another 3 to 5 min. Set aside. Sear second batch.
- Transfer thighs to a baking sheet and roast until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear, about 20 to 25 min.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine cherries, water, sugar and vinegar. Simmer over medium-low heat, mashing cherries lightly with a fork until they release their liquid and thicken into a sauce, about 10 min. Season sauce with pepper and serve with chicken thighs.
- 1 tsp each salt, ground cumin and ground coriander
- 8 chicken thighs, bone-in, skin-on
- 1/4 tsp canola oil
- 2 cups frozen Dark Sweet Cherries
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp aged balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 – 1/4 tsp pepper
Per Serving (1/4 of the recipe):
- Calories 340
- Fat 24 g
- Saturated Fat 7 g
- Carbs 4 g
- Protein 27 g
- Cholesterol 120 mg
- Sodium 690 mg