Chocolate, Cherry, Blueberry Frozen Yogurt Pie
- In bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs and brown sugar. Drizzle with butter. Toss with fork to moisten. Firmly press crumb mixture into 9-in. (23-cm) pie plate; covering bottom and sides. Set aside.
- In small saucepan, bring cream to a simmer over medium heat. Place chocolate in heat-proof bowl. Pour hot cream over the chocolate; let stand 1 minute then stir until smooth. Pour half the chocolate mixture into the pie crust. Use back of spoon to spread mixture over bottom and sides of crust. Freeze 1 hr., or until firm. Scrape remaining chocolate mixture into small re-sealable plastic bag; set aside to use for garnishing later.
- Meanwhile, leave frozen yogurt at room temperature 10 to 15 minutes to soften until it can be easily pressed with back of spoon. Fold in cherries. Working quickly, scoop mixture into pie shell, pressing yogurt mixture to edges and smoothing top.
- Place plastic bag containing chocolate mixture (ensure bag is sealed) in microwave for 30 seconds on HIGH heat. Snip corner off bag and drizzle chocolate over top of pie. Freeze at least 4 hr. or up to 3 days. Let stand at room temperature 10 to 15 min. before slicing and serving.
Tip: Substitute milk or semi-sweet chocolate for bittersweet chocolate.
- 1 ½ cups crushed gluten -free graham crackers
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/3 35% whipping cream
- 5 oz bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 tub gluten -free blueberry frozen yogurt
- 1 ½ cups fresh or frozen pitted cherries
- Calories 430
- Fat 22 g
- Saturated Fat 13 g
- Carbs 50 g
- Sugar 30 g
- Protein 10 g
- Cholesterol 50 mg
- Fibre 4 g
- Sodium 220 mg