Lettuce and Potato Soup
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion, garlic, thyme and salt about 5 min., until onions are softened and lightly browned. Stir in broth and potatoes; bring to a simmer.
- Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, 20 min. until potatoes are fully cooked and breaking apart. Stir in lettuce leaves. Cook 1 to 2 min. until lettuce leaves are tender.
- Using a hand-blender, purée until smooth. Stir in lemon juice. Serve hot or cold. Enjoy with grilled cheese sandwiches, tuna melts or cheese and crackers.
Tip: Use regular blender to puree soup. To avoid steam build-up in appliance, remove cap from lid and cover sides and top of lid with a tea towel before pulsing hot soup in batches until smooth.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 lb. yellow-fleshed potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 6 cups any combination lettuce leaves (spring mix, leaf lettuce, spinach, Romaine, Boston, baby greens and/or arugula)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
Per serving (1/8 of the recipe):
- Calories 150
- Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Carbs 24 g
- Sugar 1 g
- Protein 6 g
- Fibre 3 g
- Sodium 530 mg