Lettuce Wraps California Roll
- Prepare rice in cooker or combine water and salt in a 3 or 4 qt pot. Bring to a boil over high heat. Add rice, cover, reduce heat and simmer until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender to bite, about 20 mins
- Fluff the rice with a fork and spoon into a serving bowl and let cool for a few minutes
- While rice cooks, separate lettuce leaves. Rinse leaves and dry between paper towels. Arrange leaves on a serving platter
- Peel, pit and cut avocados into small chunks. Squirt lemon juice on top to prevent browning. Arrange avocado and crab meat in separate piles on another serving platter
- When rice has cooled a few minutes, stir in the rice vinegar and move to a serving bowl. In a small serving bowl, mix together soy sauce and wasabi
- To serve, spoon rice, avocado and crab meat into lettuce leaves. Drizzle with soy sauce mixture to taste, wrap and enjoy
Serve this as hors d’oeuvres or leave it on the table for guests to make a lettuce wrap buffet! Add any additional sides as you like such as chicken, cucumbers or peppers!