Morning Glory Power Muffins
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Lightly coat 12-cup, non-stick muffin pan with vegetable oil spray.
- In large bowl, whisk together all-purpose and whole-wheat flours, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir in apple, carrot, coconut, nuts and raisins.
- In separate bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, orange zest and juice, oil and vanilla. Make well in dry mixture. Pour in wet mixture and stir until just combined.
- Spoon batter into each muffin tin, filling each to the top.
- Bake 25 to 30 min., or until centre of muffin springs back when gently pressed. Cool 10 min. in pan before removing muffins from tins.
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) whole-wheat flour
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) sugar
- 4 tsp (20 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- vegetable oil spray
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) peeled and coarsely grated apple
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) coarsely grated carrot
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped walnut or pecan pieces
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) raisins
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk
- 2 tsp (10 mL) finely grated orange zest
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) orange juice
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- Calories 330
- Fat 14 g
- Saturated fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 50 mg
- Sodium 230 mg
- Carbs 46 g
- Fiber 4 g
- Protein 7 g