No Bake Lemon Cashew Squares
Prep time: 15 minutes / Cook time: 24 hours / Serves: 16 (8x8 pan) Category: Dessert, Spring, Vegetarian
- To make the base, in a food processor, chop cashews and almonds until chunky.
- Add dates to the food processor and pulse until they’re broken down.
- Press date mixture into an 8×8 pan and place in the freezer.
- To make the whipped topping, combine cashews, juice, zest, coconut nectar, water, coconut oil, and vanilla flesh in the bowl of your food processor.
- Process mixture until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Add coconut cream. Process until combined and smooth.
- Pour whipped topping over prepared base. Cover and place in the fridge to set overnight.
- The next day, cut into 16 squares and serve.
- Keep leftovers in original pan, covered and in the fridge. Will last up to a week.
- ½ cup raw cashews
- ½ cup raw almonds
- 20 (290 grams) pitted medjool dates
Lemon whipped topping
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for 2 hours, drained and rinsed
- Juice from 2 lemons
- Zest from 3 lemons
- ¼ cup coconut nectar
- 2 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoon coconut oil, room temperature
- Flesh from 1 vanilla bean
- 500mL coconut cream, chilled
- ¼ cup dehydrated, unsweetened coconut chips, for garnish
- Extra lemon zest, for garnish
Nutrition per serving:
- Calories: 253
- Calories from Fat: 153
- Total Fat: 17
- Saturated Fat: 9.2 g
- Sodium: 13 mg
- Carbs: 24.9 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.1 g
- Net Carbs: 21.8 g
- Sugars: 15.9 g
- Protein: 4.2 g
For the base:
- Feel free to use any nuts you have on hand. For the whipped topping, any type of liquid sweetener should do the trick. If you can’t find coconut cream, chill full fat coconut milk overnight and skim the thick topping out of the can #FeedingAbility #Meatless Monday