Pie Iron Pizza
- Take two slices of bread and build a sandwich out of the ingredients.
- Spread a thin layer of the sauce on one slice, then top with cheese and any other toppings and then cover with the second slice of bread.
- Heat your pie iron, letting it get nice and hot, and then add a little butter and then put the sandwich in.
- Cook in the fire (hot coals and low flame work best), flipping 1-2 times as necessary – check to make sure edges are browned and your pie iron pizza is ready to eat!
- 1 loaf of wholegrain bread
- pizza sauce
- shredded provolone or mozzarella cheese
- Veggie toppings (ie:onions, green peppers, mushrooms, etc.)
- Butter for the Pie Iron
If you don’t have a pie iron and/or you live in an urban area where open fires are not permitted fear not! These pie iron pizzas can just as easily be made in a sandwich grill or in a pan on the stove grilled cheese style!
Photo credit: https://jennirific.wordpress.com/