Pulled Pork on a Bun
Prep time: 20 minutes / Cook time: 5-6 hours / Serves: 12 Category: Camp at Home
Source: Easter Seals Camp Horizon, Alberta
- Trim fat off pork shoulder.
- Place in deep ovensafe pan (or crockpot works on low).
- Generously rub mix all over pork shoulder.
- Pour water into pan with pork until the shoulder is ¾ covered.
- Put lid on or cover tight with tinfoil and place in oven at 350°F
for 5 – 6 hours.
- Pull pork out of juices and shred immediately.
- Add BBQ sauce and place on soft roll.
- Serve with side of coleslaw and corn-on-the-cob.
- 1 pork shoulder (fat trimmed)
- 2 cups water
- BBQ Sauce
- rolls or hamburger buns
Dry Rub Mixture
- 3 tbsp dried thyme
- 2 tbsp sweet paprika
- 3 tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp dry mustard
- 1 tbsp hot pepper flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cloves
- 1 tsp cinnamon