Raw Sweet Almond Pate
- Place all ingredients in the bowl of your processor and pulse with the “S” blade just until chunky. You can either continue processing for a smoother spread; similar to pesto, or stop while there’s still chunks of almonds. I like it a bit chunky.
- The spread is thick, still relatively chunky, and served best with crackers, a slice of fresh bread, or combined with a simple warm bowl of quinoa and fresh herbs.
- 2 cups fresh basil – worked out to be about 3 (40g) packs of basil
- ¾ cup raw almonds, soaked over night, drained and rinsed
- ¾ cup fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon raw honey or agave nectar
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 70
- Calories from Fat: 58
- Total Fat: 6.5
- Saturated Fat: 0.7g
- Sodium: 42mg
- Carbs: 2.6g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.9g
- Net Carbs: 1.7g
- Sugars: 1.3g
- Protein: 1.4g
This recipe makes quite a bit of spread, so I kept 1/2 of it in a mason jar in the fridge and the other half in a plastic bag. So delicious and simple. Just the right recipe to welcome what is bound to be a hectic week!