Smoky White Bean Chili
- Pour bean mixture into colander; rinse under cold running water until water runs clear. Transfer to large bowl. Cover bean mixture with cold water; soak at room temperature at least 8 hour or overnight. Drain and rinse.
- Heat oil in Dutch oven or large saucepan set over medium-high heat. Cook ground turkey 3 to 5 min. until lightly browned. Add spices; cook 1 minute until fragrant. Stir in drained bean mixture, tomatoes and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Simmer, covered, 1 hr. until beans are tender. Remove cover and cook additional 10 to 15 minutes until sauce is thickened.
Tip: Use leftover chili for nachos, chili-dogs, sloppy joes or to top baked potatoes.
- 1 1/2 cups dried cannellini or white kidney beans
- 1/3 cup chopped sundried tomatoes (not type packed in oil)
- 2 large ancho chili peppers (dried poblano peppers), chopped
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp each ground cumin, garlic powder andonion powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 lb lean ground turkey
- 3 cans diced tomatoes
- 4 cups water or reduced sodium chicken broth
Per serving (1/3 of the recipe):
- Calories 320
- Fat 10 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Carbs 34 g
- Sugar 4 g
- Protein 29 g
- Cholesterol 80 mg
- Fibre 9 g
- Sodium 420 mg