Cook time: 5 minutes / Category: Camp at Home
- Prepare the campfire
- Cut the ends of your hotdog lengthwise, creating four sections, which will become the “spider legs”. Be sure to leave at least a 1/2″ to 1″ section in the middle uncut so that you can stick in your roasting tool of choice.
- Carefully poke a roasting stick in the middle of uncut section of hotdog
- Roast over the campfire or BBQ for a few minutes until “legs” begin to curl, turning regularly so that your spider dog cooks evenly
- Make sure an adult helps take the spider dog off of the roasting stick – let cool briefly and enjoy!
- All beef hot dogs or wieners
- Hot Dog or Hamburger Buns
- salad or assorted veggies (Carrot sticks, cucumber slices, celery)