Spinach Tomato Tortellini Soup
Prep time: 5 minutes / Cook time: 15 minutes / Serves: 4 Category: Dinner, Lunch, Vegetarian, Winter
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add garlic and onion, and cook, stirring frequently, until onions have become translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
- Whisk in broth, diced tomatoes, tortellini, basil, oregano, bay leaf and 1 cup water; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until tortellini is cooked through, about 5-6 minutes. Stir in spinach until it begins to wilt, about 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with Parmesan.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cups Vegetable broth *
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (9-ounce) package refrigerated three cheese tortellini
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cups baby spinach, chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Calories 348
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 32.8 mg
- Sodium 586.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 18.5 g
*Recipe modified: original recipe calls for Chicken Broth.