Tex-Mex Turkey Sloppy Joes
- Heat oil in large skillet on high heat. Crumble in ground turkey. Cook 5 minutes, breaking up large pieces with wooden spoon. Drain excess fat.
- Stir in onions, peppers, chili powder and cumin. Cook 3 to 5 minutes, or until meat is browned and vegetables are softened.
- Stir in Worcestershire sauce and 1/3 cup water, scraping browned bits from skillet. Stir in ketchup. Bring to simmer, stirring occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes, until mixture is thickened.
- Divide meat mixture over 4 half rolls.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb extra lean ground turkey
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 soft rolls, split
Change up the sauce for barbecue sauce if desired! Hide some more vegetables in the mixture by adding grated zucchini or carrots!